Friday, November 11, 2011

Famous Dave's


Finn and I set out on our usual search for lunch today.   With the many new restaurant choices in Rapid City we left the house without a place in mind.  While driving down Eglin Street I looked to the North and low and behold my eyes were drawn over to the not-yet-open Famous Dave's.  The sign said "FREE RIB TASTING TODAY".  I slammed on the brakes and about sent Finn through the windshield!  Sure enough, there were free ribs! 
Finn was able to meet Wilbur, the Famous Dave's Pig, and we were both given a hearty sample of ribs.  Finn took one bite of his rib and took off to go pester Wilbur.  This of course gave me the opportunity to eat his ribs.  They were perfect in every way.  Soft, tender and with the perfect smoke flavor.  The sauce was slightly sticky, sweet, but savory.  Not too fatty, lots of meat on the bone.  I even licked my fingers.  Finn was able to get a picture with Wilbur and our lunch dilemma was solved!




The official opening date of Famous Dave's is Monday November 14th, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment